Shortki Community
September 24, 2018, 04:56:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop-Down Functionality  (Read 1566 times)
alynder

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »

Because I use inShort to manage ongoing processes (not so much for one off projects), I like to have a library of predefined processes that I can link to when building a process.

If I might make a feature request, the drop-down feature cannot link; it can only make a copy. This means if you have a single, important sub-process that appears in many of your processes, there's no way to change that process in one place; you must locate every instance of that process and either change each one by hand, or delete and recopy every drop-down link to that process.

For example, you might flowchart a business plan, and might want SWOT analysis done on each market segment, each product line, as well as for the business overall. Although the input data sets may be different in each case, the process itself is the same (from a flowchart point of view). But, if I change the SWOT analysis process, I have to update it in multiple locations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: