Shortki Community
February 23, 2024, 01:32:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort 2.0.1 discovered bugs of the version  (Read 3859 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:39:55 PM »

Version 2.0.1 is released
Report here about errors of this version.
Jalbright

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »

Proxy breaks on copy-paste

When copy-pasting a diagram, proxies that point to items internal to the diagram point back to the original diagram after the paste.  They need to point to the corresponding objects that are inside the diagram just pasted. 

I can supply an example if that is necessary.
Jalbright

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:19:17 PM »

Program crashes when accessing list view after diagram move

This problem does not happen all the time, until the trigger event happens (see below).  At that point the program is hopelessly locked up.  You are able to reopen the program after each crash but can never again access the list view, or any activity that needs the list view (e.g. choosing a target block for a proxy).

Trigger Event:
It is possible to do a diagram move that results in a folder (and/or a diagram?) being inside itself, possible one or more levels below itself.  At this point you have a recursive situation where you can never navigate out of the hierarchy using the up arrow.  If you try to use the list view the program crashes.

I have not yet found a repetitive means for duplicating the "diagram within itself" situation.  It has happened at least twice.  If I find a pattern I will add an additional post.
Jalbright

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »

Program crashes when accessing list view after diagram move (more)

I can now get this to happen repeatedly.  I don't know that this is the only way this problem can be brought on, but it is at least repeatable on my iPad 2 (iOS 4.3).  The process is very specific.  If you do not follow the order provided exactly then quite possibly you will not experience a crash.

1) Install inShort
2) Open inShort
    Use the list view to go to the Desktop by using the All view and then clicking on User Guide.
3) Import from email the ish file "Proxy OK after import-export.ish" (attached)
    Use the list view to go to the Desktop by using the All view and then clicking on User Guide.
4) Move the new folder (Proxy OK...) to the desktop using the move feature on the card
5) Create a folder on the Desktop (I)
    Use the Card button that appears to access the card while still in edit mode.
6) Move the new folder (Proxy OK...) into folder (I) using the move feature on the card
    Sometimes the I folder will be at the end of the list, with no name.
7) Select edit mode (second button from the right).
8] Slide folder (I) about 1 square to the right.
9) Click the eye button (rightmost button)
10) Verify that you can select the list view
11) Select edit mode (second button from the right).
12) Slide folder (I) down to the lower right corner of the desktop window.
     Be sure the lower edge of folder (I) is lower than the lower edge of folder (Downloads)
13) Click the eye button (rightmost button)
14) Click the list view button (second button from the left)

On my system inShort reliably crashes at this point.  It will continue to crash if I merely open the application and try accessing the list view again.  The only solution I have found is to delete and reinstall inShort.

I hope you can find an explanation very soon for this crash.  Your app is terrific but until I know how to use it reliably without triggering this very extreme crash situation (i.e. needing to reinstall inShort and thus having to delete all of my data) I am only able to use it cautiously and in a very limited way.

Thanks!

Joe

* Proxy OK after export-import.ish (11.22 KB - downloaded 334 times.)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:14:51 AM »

Thank you for such a detailed analysis of the failure. I need some time to find the causes of the error.

The situation with proxy objects is known to me, I'm just now working on the modification.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: