Shortki Community
February 23, 2024, 01:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort 2.0.0 discovered bugs of the version  (Read 3967 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: June 15, 2011, 02:57:32 PM »

Version 2.0.0 is released
Report here about errors of this version.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:42:39 PM by Argalio » Logged
digitaltrix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:25:16 AM »

Hi, first post here, really enjoying learning the program so I am not 100% sure about the bug report but thought to mention anyway.

During the intense learning of the user guide (it is INTENSE Smiley I've found that when you are at the level of 'editing a diagram'
and at the panel directing you to activate first button and make a new object for the first time I've experienced a bug and it is as follows:

1) Click first button to draw rectangle and immediately a taskbar below shows up which shows different processes and resources that can be chosen.  
This part is not a bug but I wanted to ask anyway, why show the shapes and names of  processes and not be able to do a quick pick from them.  I suppose this is just to remind you what they look like BUT ultimately it becomes an extra (unnecessary step) to drop down with arrow and then begin to draw the rectangle.  (seems like a wasted step?)

2)After drawing rectangle, a panel of processes/resources (word descriptions) pops up and I arbitrarily choose 'common process'

3) Now on the Common Process information page, after I am done filling out the basics, I think the BUG is that there is NO save button unless I again scroll to top and click common process tab (at very top) and then it opens into page with all different process listed, I confirm Common Process again and finally it gives me a SAVE button to click.

4) Earlier I didn't know this and I was trying to hit X button after filling out basics as I assumed program knows I have picked common process and filled it out already so I will just hit x button at top left and it will auto save settings.

Here there is definitely a BUG as when I hit X- It shuts program down..ie crashes!

So in conclusion, I feel there are some wasted steps that would add to the detailed operation (especially once someone is familiar with processes/resources) and definitely a BUG when you try to hit X button and exit out of building a process (this only works initially if there is no Save button on the top right corner)

Also, the program has a limit to minimum size of square you can sketch..I realize this isn't a problem with an expansive workspace but just wanted to mention it.
Thanks and hope that is not too confusing!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:29:09 AM by digitaltrix » Logged
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »

Thank you for such an intensive study of the program, it is very valuable, as any found bug is not as dangerous as a hidden one.
1. The program offers two ways of creating an object, either by drawing a rectangle and setting the object type, or by dragging a ready-to-use object from the panel of objects. When you activate the first edit button, both ways become available, and a user is free to choose which one to use. In my opinion it's convenient.
2. On the top right of the object card must always be a button, either 'Save' or 'Edit', I'll see how it could disappear. So far I haven't managed to reproduce the bug you had found, but in any case the program shouldn't terminate prematurely.

The minimum size is limited, as graphic details of objects of some types can not be enclosed in smaller size, and the inscription would not fit the smaller object.

Thank you for your assistance, I hope some bugs in the program did not spoil the overall impression.
Juanjo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »

Hi.
First, congrats for the app. It's great and will be very useful for me.
However, I tried to use it a few times, but it crashes often, so I will wait some time.

1) When the app crashes, you loose all the unsaved work. (I think the app must save all actions immediately, as other iOS apps)

2) One of the crashes I saw is when you resort the options of a Decision making step.

shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »

1. The application can work unstable due to nonoptimal allocation of memory. Try rebooting the device and, if possible, reinstalling the application. I assure you that the program saves its state at every opportunity (usually when changing diagrams and opening lists), but not at fault.

2. Crash when sorting the options of the decision-making element is a known bug and will be fixed soon. Fortunately, there is a "roundabout" way, it is less convenient, but stable: you can change the list of options in the interface of editing the decision options.

If not difficult, please specify other cases of the repeatable bugs of the application. The last version but one brought a lot of changes and seems to have needed a more rigorous testing. Here I must apologize for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:52:02 AM by Argalio » Logged
Juanjo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »

Thanks for your answer and attention.
I will test the app slowly those vacations days ahead.
Beat regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: