Shortki Community
December 13, 2017, 10:49:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satisfied first time user...but...  (Read 2313 times)
Heugeu

View Profile Email
« on: October 10, 2012, 01:32:03 pm »

Fantastic program ... it's really helpfull to me. I must remark that when the diagram gets too complex...it regularly crashes when I change to much. I gues it's a memory allocation thing in the ipad.... hopefully it get's resolved. I also would like to use the prgram on pc...is there any chance there will be a pc-version in the future ?

I use the program for different overhaulls on equipment at work ... it helps us a lot. But as said ... when too complex...I have trouble with memory.

Thank you for this great app.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:41:09 pm »

Difficulties with memory allocation cannot be avoided: as the size of the canvas is unlimited in the program, you can always expand it to the "problem" size. In fact, only the area of the canvas is critical for the program, but not the complexity of diagrams. Here I would suggest more use of embedded "drill down" diagrams, what allows you to make diagrams leaner without losing the desired level of detail, and diagrams that are not overloaded with objects are easier to read at that.

Now I'm working on data synchronization in the cloud storage systems, then there will be the limited version for iOS, and then the version for MacOS. Along the way, I write a detailed PDF manual.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:55:48 pm by Argalio » Logged
Grahambetts

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 07:05:38 am »

How about theidea of a version for pc and /or android. There is a huge market for this kind of app. I have moved away from Ipad and don't use a mac. How about it?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 01:58:03 pm »

As I said in the neighboring thread, the decision about porting to other platforms will be made upon finishing the Mac OS version.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: