Shortki Community
December 17, 2018, 02:48:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ability to add internal links  (Read 3099 times)
Raymondkd

View Profile Email
« on: January 15, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »

In addition to the ability to add external links that open up to a web page window, would also like to be able to add internal links to an object or page that would allow me to go from one flow to another in a printed PDF. In other words rather then drilling into a sub process this would allow me to move to a different process that is in a different flow.

In building out workflow diagrams for software implementation I have many process that reference a certain approval process. To make it work right I need to copy the approval process into each of the many diagrams rather then being able to maintain it in one location.

I have been able to do this a couple ways within the app, but if I can't make it work in a printed PDF I can not share with customers.

Awesom software.

Cheers,
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »

According to the logic of external links within PDF, they must refer to the program and open links in it.
For the present, the logical solution would be to organize passing via proxy within PDF.
geosocial

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »

Would it be possible to treat the PDF internal links in the same manner as bookmarks or links in a Table of Contents?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 02:05:51 AM »

I do not quite understand the question, you mean generating a separate page with TOC?
geosocial

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 01:20:56 AM »

Sorry, I didn't realize that internal links were implemented, as I was viewing the PDF in the iOS Mail PDF viewer.   Once I viewed the PDF in GoodReader, internal links were functional, e.g. drill-down to nested diagram.

Please implement "Open In" functionality for PDFs, as it is currently impossible to access a PDF export unless one has Internet access for emailing the PDF file.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: