Shortki Community
October 21, 2020, 04:34:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort version 4.0.0  (Read 7242 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:50:20 AM »

The new version has:
— working calendars taking into account various schedules of work for implementation of tasks;
— work resources and their assignment to tasks.

Write a Review in iTunes.

I noticed that the Parameters section became unavailable in the comments — I'll fix it. As a temporary solution, transform the comment to an information resource, add the link or illustration and transform the object back to a comment.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:24:20 AM by shortki » Logged
grumpf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »

Hi!

Just went through the User Guide for version 4.0.0 and, in the Tips section, you mention "Text insert". Are you referring to Comment objects or is it really a free-text object that can be placed anywhere and has no borders or background? I was expecting the later but I couldn't find it.

And in the same section, does the block "Creating PDF" refer to an ability to save a diagram as a PDF, and use "Open in..." to get it in another program or is it just related to the "Sending PDF" block in which it is said that PDF's can be emailed?

Oh and one last thing: how did you put the Link to the Shortki community in the diagram? I'm trying to add links to mine but I can't even select your element (even after disabling the read-only switch). My intent was to add a link on the Desktop diagram to my currently running projects so it quicker to get there but I can't figure out how to add a link...

Thanks for another awesome release! Love the resource features!

François
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:47:23 PM by grumpf » Logged
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »

Text insert: if the clipboard contains text data, then, in the edit mode, you can insert them into the diagram. The text insert wizard will show up, allowing you to create a template for a diagram from the text list.

The next two questions are interrelated. When you edit the object card, it is possible to add an external link in Parameters, including a link to another application. After exporting to PDF, these links will continue to work. However, I just noticed that the Parameters section became unavailable in the comments — I'll fix it. As a temporary solution, transform the comment to an information resource, add the link and transform the object back to a comment.
grumpf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »

Awesome!
Thanks for the reply.
Califgirl7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »

How do I get the lines with the arrows to show between my processes.?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »

Activate the second button in the group of the five buttons for editing diagrams, then tap the initial object and, by driving the blue element, draw a link to the destination object.
pquadrat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »

How do I get the lines with the arrows to show between my processes.?

Hi CG7, if you want (or need) to have a bend within your line, you have to stop at each bend border, release it, tap and hold the blue spot at the loose end again (until the circle flash appears) and pull it further. By this way, you are able to make several bends within one connection.

@Juri: It's only possible to start a line from the right or from the bottom of an item, but not from the top or the left. For more complex diagrams, I'd like to multiple "input" from top, left and bottom to an item, e.g. for drwaing "multiple input - one/few output" type diagrams. - Is it possible to integrate this more "freestyle" way of connections?

Greetings
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 02:27:23 PM »

This is one of the elements of the indirect control of diagram layout: the fact that connections cannot start from the top or the left side stimulates the development of the diagram from left to right and from top to bottom. At first it seems awkward for building diagrams, but actually it is very convenient for quick reading of the diagram and understanding it, as we subconsciously remember the most probable positions of ties and look right and down to find outputs without losing focus on the evaluation of other sides. While constructing, one can always choose a layout that takes this limitation into account, but in the end we get a big bonus to the readability of the diagram on the subconscious level.
Robertosmmjlist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »

Hola,
Please excuse if my first post is out of place.
How does one assign staff to a work resource?
Thank you and have a great day.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:43 PM »

Hola,
Please excuse if my first post is out of place.
How does one assign staff to a work resource?
Thank you and have a great day.

Try acting as follows:
1. Create a Work resource in Options (you can use Contacts).
2. Create a process in the diagram.
3. Open the process card and put it in the edit mode, if necessary.
4. In the section 'Work resources' of the card, add a new assignment and select the pre-created resource.
Now you have assigned a work resource for this process.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: