Shortki Community
September 26, 2017, 07:20:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Really unfriendly App!  (Read 7499 times)
Bryanlow

View Profile Email
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:39:40 pm »

This is terrible! Is there a way to contact someone for a refund???
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:37:35 pm »

If the application does not fit to your needs, you can contact iTunes support for refund - this is a question of their competence only.
jmagave

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:35:21 pm »

Sorry you found this app unfriendly and useless. May be you have not any knowledge about project planning and execution. I simply found it AWFUL. In order to really appreciate it don't be lazy and go all through the ``tutorial'' -- as always required for whatever complex piece of software you come to work with.

Thanks guys, now I gotta to try it on something meaty. Btw, I have no affiliation to Short.

Chivus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:17 pm »

I don't agree, I think it's a unique piece of software, I feel I've just scratched the surface by making simple project planning, I haven't got into the triggers and more complex stuff, but the way it let's you organize the tasks and detect possible shortcomings in the execution of the project in a very quick way is amazing. I agree with jmagave, maybe you don't have that much knowledge in pert-CPM planning and you're feeling a little bit lost. After the well designed tutorial I was able to start creating my own plans, I must say it still needs a lot of work regarding to more specific aspects on the time management front, the Gantt diagram is not very useful due to this reason, but the app has A LOT of potential, we just have to support it by suggesting improvements and making this community stronger, helping each other when we encounter a difficult problem within the app.
MP_Consultancy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 03:30:56 am »

Perhaps you simply made a 'shiny objects' choice without any real thought about it's potential.
This App is 'new' to me too, but as a a certified Prince 2 practitioner, the potential is CLEARLY there and plain for anyone so trained to see.

Now I wonder how close we can get to (TOC) structues? Time will tell...
TOC? (Theory of Constraints).

What I have seen so far is very encouraging & well worth the small investment.
MaruSeru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 02:39:10 pm »

funny.. i think a bit of project planning and problem solving training is needed to use this app

in my mind, i only use about 40% of what it does (i dont understand the rest yet), but that 40% is stellar.

i think the app needs less frustrating bits (i'll try to post my suggestions) - which would make it 'perfect' for me... the infinite drilldown and information hiding components of the app are stellar, nothing like this on the app store-

thanks for continuing to invest in this, Short.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:33 pm »

40% is a very good figure for an instrument, and inShort is definitely an instrument. For instance, even after a long practice, I use not more than 25% of the potential of the pencil and paper combination, but this does not prevent me from achieving quite normal results with these instruments Smiley

The main thing is that these 40% would help you solve your tasks at 100%.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:48:08 am by Argalio » Logged
mat_rhein

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 11:57:53 am »

I would agree that inshort is not overly simplistic, but the intro is wonderfully made, taking you by the hand and walking You through the options of manipulation...

inshort: exceptionally well designed!

cheers!
Hajjarmo

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 12:34:23 pm »

The idea of the application is great but if we can't simply use it and get it used by our consultants, it's of no use to us.  I have been in management consulting for more than 22 years and I know a good application from a poor one. Usually it's not about the technical part but about how user intuitive and friendly it is.

If you want this application to succeed, you need to make it intuitive and user friendly. Period.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: