Shortki Community
November 20, 2017, 03:23:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your first diagram  (Read 7163 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:46:34 pm »

How to create a new diagram/goal plan independent of the tutorial.

• Create a folder on 'Desktop'. You can go to 'Desktop' by pressing the 'Roll Up' button (the leftmost one).
  • Create a drill-down diagram for the folder using the option 'Add new diagram' in the object card. While creating the diagram, choose the option 'Add new diagram' (the top item in the list, it's not a title, it's an option). The list of other processes is there to create a diagram from a template, you don't need them right now.
  • Drill down into the created diagram.
  • Create your process in it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:10:07 pm by Argalio » Logged
curiousyellow

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:19:42 am »

Thanks. This is very helpful. I created a "sandbox" diagram to play with, but I didn't  create a new folder for it first. Later I wanted to move the "sandbox" diagram into a new folder on the Desktop, but i couldn't find a way to do that.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 08:28:41 pm »

Now really there is no easy way to transfer a part of a diagram, I'm working on it. So far I can advise to create a new folder and add a drill-down diagram using Desktop as a template. After that you can delete unwanted items in the new diagram. Such a method will solve your problem, but data on the schedule of execution of the diagram will not be copied.
Inanimateman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 10:01:03 am »

Hi I'm a first user, struggling to find my way round... i'm finding the text based user guide tricky with reference to actually getting on and producing my first plan. I can see why you've created it this way but i'm finding it tricky without 'screen' shots or any representations of actual tool buttons. I realise that the diagram creation tool it self may not have the ability to incorporate images, but wonder if in a future version whether incorporating *.PNG or *.JPG image info' in some shape or form might help with the learning curve (or may be it's just my learning curve!). i'll keep at it, thought you might find a 'first look / thoughts' post, useful.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 02:41:58 pm »

You are right, a text guide and a formal description are necessary, but now the program is being developed, and a dynamic interactive user guide allows me to conduct changes quicker. When the main aspects of the program take final shape, a textual description will be done.
I've been thinking of making the inclusion of images in objects available, but this might lead to dramatic reduction in productivity and to growth of memory consumption, which will have a negative impact on stability of the application. I didn't make a final judgement yet and study the ways of optimal implementation of this option.
proch

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:37:45 am »

You are right, a text guide and a formal description are necessary, but now the program is being developed, and a dynamic interactive user guide allows me to conduct changes quicker. When the main aspects of the program take final shape, a textual description will be done.
I've been thinking of making the inclusion of images in objects available, but this might lead to dramatic reduction in productivity and to growth of memory consumption, which will have a negative impact on stability of the application. I didn't make a final judgement yet and study the ways of optimal implementation of this option.

I just want to say. Thank you for such an awesome app. This is a very powerful app for process Diagrams. I think the the most valuable addition could be sample diagrams  of different field such Software Development, Manufacturing (of anything), etc.. Also, you can create a site when users such as myself can upload diagrams, and overtime you can have a huge InShort community of Diagrams... Grin
I look forward to using this app quite often.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:08:08 pm »

I thought about it, there is already a section on the forum where anyone can post his charts. Moreover, it is very important to me to see your diagrams in order to understand how my program is used, I might even be able to give advice how this or that aspect can be better expressed in charts.

Considering, for example, my own charts, I find that they will be of little use for anyone except me, because they contain a lot of information that is specific exactly to my applications. However, I plan to devote some time to building generalized charts - this is they that might be useful.
imbizo

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 12:10:55 pm »

I can't even get started with this app

the advice on how to start a new diagram is based on pressing the 'roll up' arrow on the left

there is no roll up arrow as it turns to a dot in a square

why am I wasting my life like this - WHY NOT MAKE IT OBVIOUS HOW TO START THE PROCESS

why why why
iQuant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 07:05:31 pm »

Hi imbizo,

Maybe this answer comes to late and you already gave up, but maybe you are keen to give the app another try, too. So:
If you see the dot in a square you are on the very top level - on the desktop if you want to say so. Create a folder and start with an easy process like 'go shopping' including processes like 'write goody list', 'look for suitable vehicle' and Ressources like 'bag' and play a little around with everything. I hope you'll find a good start. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: