Shortki Community
December 12, 2017, 02:41:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blank screen after canvas contracts  (Read 2454 times)
Antonio

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:12:47 pm »

I didn't get any bug report, nor did inShort crash, but I guess the following situation does describe an app bug. All diagrams are lain on the canvas, which can either grow or shrink with the use of the bottom-right buttons (arrows for manual expansion and a cross-arrow for automatic contraction). It works smoothly, however if you think of your screen as a camera, after contracting the canvas, you are left with a blank screen because the canvas sorrounds the edges of all lain object types, but the "camera" is not focused on the objects but rather on the outerpace of the canvas. If before the contraction the objects lay far enough from the edges of the canvas then you are really left off-focus. This is especially true if you work on the smaller iPod Touch screen: the camera view is not shoved alongside the contraction cross form the position of origin to the destination postition. One solution is that I get an iPad given the lessened screen constraints. However, if you think about it, when you drill either up or down through the object types, the camera gives you the view of the destination object type regardless of the fact that the position of the origin object type and destination object type are different: say one is one the top left corner of the canvas and the other is bottom center of the canvas. The camera actually shoves your view to the appropriate location within the destination canvas. I believe that the camera mechanics of drill-down and drill-up can also be possie with the contraction feature.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:54:22 pm »

I have long pondered over this problem, but could not see it Wink
The main criterion in the process of changing the canvas size was to leave the changed element in the field of vision, so that you can activate it successively. I'm afraid that if the focus is constantly changed, this rather will lead users to a misunderstanding (and eventually to a rage Smiley )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: