Shortki Community
November 20, 2017, 05:53:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exporting/ printing  (Read 513 times)
arthurn

View Profile Email
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:49:26 am »

Hello,
I'm trying to see to what extend I can use this program to manage my projects. I'm excited by all the features it has.
One thing I can't find is how to export or print all these wonderful diagrams that I can build. It seems that with the reports I can export only textual information but not the diagrams themselves: processes, Gantt charts, etc.
I guess there should be this option otherwise how can I effectly share this with my colleagues and bosses?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:09:00 pm »

If you save PDF via the printing interface of Mac OS, a PDF file with all the subdiagrams and working links between them will be generated. I did not allocate this export as a separate item, since the standard interface is quite convenient for this purpose, allowing you to select paper size and set of required pages. Also you can copy a part of the diagram and paste it into another application. Most of Apple's applications support inserting PDF data, so in my work I did not feel the need for raster formats, but I'll think about the possibility of exporting the current diagram in PNG or JPG files.
arthurn

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 04:44:48 am »

Does this mean that I can't do this on my iPad? I don't own a mac computer... Doesn't it create unnecessary dependace on another device/computer?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:04:31 pm »

Sorry, you did not say, and I decided that you are talking about the macOS version of the application, since this question appears more often in it.

Using iOS, in the Options menu, select the "Send & Load the diagram" section, where you can always generate a PDF file for the flow diagram, Gantt chart or reports. The versions of the application are functionally identical, but on macOS it is somewhat more convenient to work with diagrams.
arthurn

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:36:41 pm »

Thank you, I was stupid not to see this choice:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: