Shortki Community
September 22, 2017, 03:25:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Drop in the future?  (Read 669 times)
Rockmafb06

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2016, 11:43:41 pm »

First of all, thank you for a great app. Tomorrow I will be pitching the intergration of InShort and IPads to our Project Management team. The only shortfall I have came across is that I can only share a project via email. I would like the capability to share the file via the airdrop between IPads as wifi can be hard to come by on our job sites. This would allow one Project Manager to seamlessly pick up where the last left off.

Thanks again for the app!
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:45:59 am »

Thanks for the suggestion.
I realized the problem and will think about how to make data exchange easier, perhaps, I'll employ capabilities of iCloudDrive.
Rockmafb06

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 11:03:02 am »

Thank you for the fast reply. I think the iCloud would be a great addadtion for 99% of the users but I would actually prefer to be able to transfer files from device directly to another device. Right now, the only option would be to wait until the end of the day, go home, upload the document as we do not have the capabilities to use the work internet.

The app that comes to mind with this capability is Adobe Reader. I am able to download a PDF on my phone, then airdrop it to my iPad and vice versa.

I am most likely in the minority here so I would understand if it is a low/non-priority.

Thanks again for the great app and support to your customers.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 06:51:48 pm »

There is one feature concerning iCloud Drive, it seems to be unobvious.
When a document is placed in iCloud Drive, then over time it is uploaded into the cloud, yes, but while it is in the local storage on the device, it can be shared via AirDrop with the help of a special application having the same name iCloud Drive. I just thought to combine two solutions in one.
Rockmafb06

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 12:34:55 pm »

Ah that makes sense now. I think that would solve my issues as well as many others from reading posts on the board. Thanks for having this forum to let your customers help improve the app.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: