Shortki Community
September 23, 2017, 09:21:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working with checklists  (Read 944 times)
didierEM

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2016, 06:18:18 am »

Hello Everyone
I tried to figure it out by myself, but I failed  Sad

Can someone explain me, how to work properly with the checklist feature?

I always see some items from the user guide in my checklist window, but didn't figure out how to set new items for myself or remove unwanted items.
Are I right, that there is no section/explanation in the PDF-User guide nor in the InShort diagram user guide?

Thanks.

Didier
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:48:33 pm »

Indeed, this feature is so self-evident for me that I have not bothered to document it, I'll fix it.

Meanwhile, in a nutshell, the checklist is a way to keep track of whether you're doing everything in accordance with the inShort methodology, therefore, the items of the list and their order are fixed. All items are discussed in detail in various parts of the documentation. Using the list is very easy, just read what the item recommends, execute the recommendations and upon execution mark the item as fulfilled. When you mark the last item — congratulations, your project is fully executed, and you have not missed anything.

Checklists are very useful in areas where it is important to comply with strict course of action. A characteristic feature of checklists is that they cannot be changed for the sake of momentary circumstances, and it is necessary to execute them in a prescribed order, it ensures that neither stress nor personal preference will not let you unknowingly skip a required step of the process. Any omission in the execution of a checklist is conscious negligence, and if the project then goes not as expected, you will know where it started.
didierEM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 04:38:28 am »

Hello Shortki
Thank you. I'm not sure if I fully understand your answer but I will try to find my way through it.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Didier
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: