Shortki Community
July 20, 2018, 04:10:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: start dates and flows  (Read 2546 times)
JZach

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2016, 11:05:55 PM »

Hello-

Forgive me if this is in here already, but I didn't see anything about it.

I've got some resources and processes with start dates in the planned schedule and durations. However, as soon as I add a link (or flow) from each object, those start dates get wiped out and are set back to today. Without the flows, the Gantt chart looks good, but as soon as I add them, then the Gantt chart gets wiped out too.

Maybe I am not understanding something, but I've gone through the tutorial quite a bit and I'm just not seeing what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 01:41:25 AM »

Switch the application to the planned mode of scheduling and execute all your processes with planned completion dates. Once the planned schedule is formed, it will appear on the Gantt chart. This can also be done automatically by activating the function of analysing the diagram, fulfilling its recommendations and then running it again.
JZach

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »

thank you so much. so that is what i did. i have it in "plan mode," i have dates set in the "planned schedule" of each object. however, as soon as I add a link between the objects, the dates on the gantt chart disappear and if i delete the link, then the planned schedule date for the object switches to today.

am i doing something wrong?

thanks so much.
JZach

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:35:46 AM »

any suggestions on this?

thanks in advance
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 12:34:06 AM »

Everything is as it should be, when you draw a link from an unfulfilled object to another object, the second object becomes passive, and its schedule is deleted. If you execute the first object, the second will get a new schedule. If the link is removed, the second object will no longer depend on the first, and as the diagram is in a folder and is active, it will get a new schedule with the current start date.

Build a scheme, draw all the links, switch to the planning mode and sequentially execute all the objects — you will have a Gantt chart formed.
JZach

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 07:18:59 PM »

ah. ok, thank you so much for that. maybe i need to switch my brain to understand how it works. i was just looking to put target dates on a year long project. i like the "add to calendar" feature so things pop up at certain dates. maybe i will leave off the flows then.

thanks.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 01:48:52 AM »

The point of the application is not so much to mark the scheduled dates in the future as to help build a correct and consistent plan, so all dates of the plan are interdependent and follow from a rationally specified workflow. Treat your tasks not as separate processes, but as a single system of efforts with clear goals. It seems trivial, but often we forget about it and concentrate on individual tasks and not on general objectives.
JZach

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 01:52:56 AM »

that is helpful. thank you. i am going to re-think a few things. do you have any more examples to look at?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: