Shortki Community
September 21, 2017, 02:16:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused about iCloud  (Read 784 times)
bkonia

View Profile Email
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:21:06 am »

I'm confused about iCloud syncing:

1. Catalog mode only syncs the hierarchy, but not the objects contained within? If so, what's the point of this? How is it considered a sync if it's only syncing the hierarchy. I don't get why anyone would use this.

2. I enabled Catalog sync on a top-level folder and observed the behavior described in #1. The folder showed up on my iOS device, but it was empty. At that point, I changed the sync mode to Versions on BOTH the desktop and the iOS device. However, the objects within the folder are still not showing up on my iOS device.

3. After enabling sync on my top-level folders, a new folder, "Shared Folders" showed up on my desktop. This folder seems to contain a duplicate of the folder hierarchy on my desktop. What is the purpose of this folder? It seems strange to have all these folders on my desktop and then to have the Shared Folders folder containing a duplicate of everything that's already there. If I delete Shared Folders, will that delete all copies of the folders contained within, or will they still be present on my desktop?

4. After enabling iCloud on the iOS device, inShort is crashing frequently on iOS, especially when I try to perform tasks involving the synced folders.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:40:48 am by bkonia » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: