Shortki Community
December 05, 2020, 09:44:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create a group?  (Read 3827 times)
Lester

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »

Would someone explain how to actually create a group. I can't seem to find where it is generated from?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:21:08 AM »

When you create an object, just select the type Group. By tapping the header of the group open the card and set its type and form.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »

I apologize if I am wrong, but is it you who left the review on iTunes about creating groups and paid access to the forum?

This app looks promising, but I've been banging my head trying to figure out how to create a group. Also, the user forum costs to join. Not happy about that. I've just paid for the app. I'd like to ask a couple of questions for free.
I would love to see more user examples to help me get a better feel for the app.

The question about groups is answered. Of course access to the forum is free, I simply installed a plug-in that allowed a user to optionally use third-party paid application for reading this forum on mobile devices. The plug-in was installed on the forum in accordance with the users' desires, but since the initial notification about this, as it turns out, may be misleading, I fully disabled the support of Tapatalk for this forum.

Of course, I try to give qualified and helpful answers to users as much as I am able, both here and in the mail. And I think the suspicion of a fee-based support is absolutely unacceptable. You got quite a powerful and complex tool, and I will make all efforts necessary for you to enjoy its facilities at 100% (OK, I agree, 90% sounds more realistic Smiley
Lester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »

I have removed the review now that I have found the forum. And I did find the answer for the groups. However, instead of being offended by my review, you should look at it as me doing you a favor. The fact is that, at first, the only avenue I found for the forum was a paid one. I'm not sure what you consider unacceptable. Maybe you should add a very noticeable link on the app page pointing possible clients to this forum so this will not happen again. Every miscommunication is an opportunity for you to learn where you can be more clear (concerning documentation or otherwise) about your app. Explain things where "normal" people can understand and apply your app.

It does look promising and I'm excited about your offering - that's why I bought it. However, while the documentation is a good start, it now could be revised, or edited, to seek further clarification. For instance, concerning the groups, I found the section for groups, but nowhere in that section did it say how to actually create a group. Nowhere. I had to stumble upon it. That was frustrating.

There are enough reviews stating that the documentation is a little difficult to understand. This what you should be paying attention to. All that said, I'm very excited about the app. I'd love to hear/see more examples of how it can help me find solutions to where I would eventually like to get to. This is equivalent to you saying, "Hey, you can do this!" My immediate reaction would be, "Cool, show me how!"

shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »

A link to the forum is in the Guide and in the section "About the program", also I am available by mail. But the main thing is that you are here and got the creation of groups sorted out. I thought that since creating a group by no means differ from creating other objects, there is no need to specify this, but if there are issues at this point, I'll revise the diagram about groups.

I created a lot of diagrams and received many diagrams from users, but they all contain solutions of concrete and pretty specific tasks and can hardly serve as an example. The power of this application is just that it can describe an unconventional task and detail it, and there are no common methods in this case. Although if there are examples of common and frequent tasks, one can make a diagram for them, and if it is not too trivial, it can be useful. But I have not managed to find a good example of such a task so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: