Shortki Community
October 22, 2017, 01:46:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Suggestions: Importing and Linking  (Read 1665 times)
NASASteve

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:50:50 pm »

Just start using InShort yesterday... I love the concept. It is project management in the way that my brain thinks of project management, and I've never quite seen a tool that uses this approach before. A few suggestions:
1) Importing: I saw the previous post on this, and I can't agree more. I understand the hesitation (where do I put the boxes?). To me, it doesn't matter. Just scatter a bunch of unlinked boxes on the screen... that would be fine (and it's what programs like OmniGraffle do). Moving them around, creating "drill downs", etc. is easy. Getting that initial data in is what takes time. It would also allow InShort to be part of a workflow, where the tasks, resources, etc. are generated in another tool.
2) Faster Linking: The method of linking is clever and leads to nice looking charts, but I wish there was a way to select to objects, press Command L, and have them link automatically. Again, I can tweak the line after the fact.

Excellent program!
KirbyKrieger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 03:08:38 pm »

Re: importing:

If you haven't, select some text and then paste it into inShort.  The dialog that appears allows the user to select from the 4 different ways that inShort can parse the text.  You select the one you want, and continue with the paste.  inShort creates objects with title (and optionally description) text filled in.

There are improvements I'd like to see — primarily, the ability to specify the type of item created (but I'd be happy if a function to batch change selected items were available) — but this small, well-implemented "paste" function can help create diagrams faster.

Re: linking:
I agree.

—Kirby
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 09:04:33 pm »

In the next update it will be possible to highlight a group of objects, and after pressing Command+L they will all be successively linked in the order they were selected.
Overall, the work with links is substantially revised, a number of new features are added, and convenience of editing diagrams increased by an order. This update is being tested and will be available somewhere within a month.

Work on the import is planned later.
KirbyKrieger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 03:26:43 pm »

In the next update it will be possible to highlight a group of objects, and after pressing Command+L they will all be successively linked in the order they were selected.
Overall, the work with links is substantially revised, a number of new features are added, and convenience of editing diagrams increased by an order. This update is being tested and will be available somewhere within a month.

Excellent news Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: