Shortki Community
November 21, 2017, 12:06:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best mac App to hold project management info like InShort Diagrams, mindmaps etc?  (Read 2039 times)
Jake

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:37:48 pm »

Has anyone got any suggestions about a good mac app to hold project management data like InShort diagrams? I use OmniFocus for task management and at the moment I use Evernote to hold project information. I've given each project an Evernote note using a standard template, including a place for mindmaps and other info. I can easily add inShort diagrams here as part of the project information, but Evernote is not really the best place to store all this data. It would be much better to have a dedicated project management database. I could buy FileMaker, but it's a very expensive app. Anybody got any suggestions?

By the way, I am loving InShort. I've had it less than a week and have already found it has given me a new perspective on my projects. The workflow diagrams are incredibly helpful at clarifying my thinking.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 08:36:03 am »

Jake, I have to disappoint you, as the approach to project management through workflow diagrams is used only in inShort. The thing is that, in usual practice, management of processes and projects is separated to different people/divisions, and therefore to different applications. Nevertheless, I'm also interested in learning about an application that is similar to inShort Smiley

As the good news I want to announce that I am now developing an online service on the basis of inShort with the capability of collaboration between users, preliminary launch date of the service is the end of the autumn. Perhaps, limited beta testing will be earlier, in due time I will write about it here.
Jake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:31:14 am »

Thanks Jury. Your new online service sounds interesting- I look forward to checking it out. All the best, Jake
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: