Shortki Community
September 28, 2020, 02:43:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort for Mac OS version 1.0.3 has been released in App Store  (Read 6944 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 30, 2014, 11:47:23 PM »

∙ Highlighting individual objects of a diagram with color tinting.
∙ Improved display of time periods.
∙ Additional fields for time periods in the reporting forms.
∙ Display of the list of the available diagram versions is added to the diagram card.

inShort for Mac OS in App Sore
derek mouze

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 08:00:39 PM »

Hi,
I'm really enjoying InShort for OSX but, so far, I'm missing two things from iOS:
- Fast zooming with fingers, pinching in and out on the trackpad;
- A faster way to enlarge the canvas without going to the inspector and entering a numeric value.

Looking forward to seeing syncing option soon.
Best.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 01:48:47 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll add scaling by trackpad gestures.

Concerning rapid change of the canvas, I already thought about it, but has not yet found a good solution (I do not consider the solution for
iOS the best, but may come back to it).

As to the timing of synchronization, I'll shift it a bit: I need to explore new options provided by the new set of operating systems to make sure that my decision would be relevant in terms of implementation.
cceallen

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:52:06 AM »

Have just installed inShort on 2013 Macbook Pro.  Have had repeated crashes when setting up new calendars (very frequent), or adding resources (less frequent).  Error reports have been sent to Apple.  Good success with creating first diagram however.  Have left a 3* review on Mac Store but would like to improve it as product obviously has great potential.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 02:10:19 AM »

I've just tested adding calendars and resources on the same device and got no problems. From the received reports the source of the problems is not quite clear, could you describe in more detail, at what particular moment the failure manifested itself? It would help to find its cause, and since such problems occur only on your installation, I have no other statistics for a detailed analysis of the situation.
Thanks for the assistance.
cceallen

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 11:54:41 PM »

The crashes were random but seemed to occur most often when adjusting the working hours on calendars. So for example I had a couple staff who only work part time and I set up specific calendars for them.  I can't say much more than that as it was very random but frequent.

I will report further if I can. On the plus side I completed a diagram and generated Gantt charts from the diagram which I was able to send to colleagues. I got some very admiring comments about the quality of the plan. So big props to you for what I know is going to be a great app.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »

If you find it possible, it would be useful to get the ish file with the plan from you. Perhaps the case is in the combination of the working time settings and the special dates of the calendar — I would be able to check it.

Unfortunately, Apple has not yet transferred your reports to me, so I can only guess where the problem is.

In order to improve the quality of the application, it would also be useful to find out what your colleagues appreciated in particular in the plans, whether they understood the reports quickly, whether they had any further questions or wishes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:00:04 PM by Argalio » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: