Shortki Community
November 18, 2017, 10:05:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Workload definition and relation to expected time  (Read 4597 times)
radmanmm

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:25:20 pm »

Hello,

I need to better understand the term workload on a resource.  My assumption is that if I have an employee assigned to a task and that is the only task the employee is working on until the employee is complete then the workload = 100%.  I further assume that if I assign the employee a task, but the employee is only going to spend 20% of the employee's work time on that task and 80% on getting coffee or other non-diagram related tasks then the workload = 20%.  Is this correct?

When I adjust the workload I would expect that if I increase the workload of the resource the expected time should decrease because the resource has a higher level of effort focused on the task, but this is not how the software works.  It seems that if I increase the resource workload then the expected time of the task is magnified.

Can you help me understand this better?

Thanks.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:46:26 pm »

You truly understand the meaning of the workload parameter.

When workload increases, the expected time should decrease, I just checked this with an example and made sure it is so. Perhaps it makes sense to analyze a particular case?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: