Shortki Community
November 24, 2017, 03:43:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort for Mac OS version 1.0.1(2) has been released in App Store  (Read 9981 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:06:23 am »

Let us discuss this version.

inShort for Mac OS in App Sore
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:47:30 pm by shortki » Logged
Joonatan

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:29:36 am »

Is there a trial version available. I would like to test this before I purchase. Another thing: I have iOS version but can these two sahre same files?
mduran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:33:38 am »

Hi,

Downloaded the OS X version yesterday; I haven't had much time to play a lot with it but it looks really promising. One thing I'm immediately missing is more export options (ppt, jpeg / tiff / gif...). I can print to PDF and then crop the page(s) into images but it would be cumbersome. Export to PDF with links between charts is also something I'd strongly request. Any plans to add this ?

Thanks,
Miguel
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:55:39 pm »

Is there a trial version available. I would like to test this before I purchase. Another thing: I have iOS version but can these two sahre same files?

No, there is no trial version, as Apple now prohibits placing such versions in the store, offering to place the full version for free, but with built-in shopping. But I do not like shareware applications, as they are listed as free, but in fact require money, what only misleads users. If you have the iOS version, then almost all of its functions are ported to the Mac OS version, only using them has become much easier.

I am currently working on the integration of the application with iCloud. Given the specifics of the application data, it is quite a complicated process, which will take time. However, now you can send yourself a file of the ISH format from iOS and open it without problems on Mac OS or vice versa. So far there is only one restriction on compatibility: the Mac OS version supports images of the PDF format that are embedded in an object, while the iOS version now works only with bitmaps.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 08:57:56 pm »

Downloaded the OS X version yesterday; I haven't had much time to play a lot with it but it looks really promising. One thing I'm immediately missing is more export options (ppt, jpeg / tiff / gif...). I can print to PDF and then crop the page(s) into images but it would be cumbersome. Export to PDF with links between charts is also something I'd strongly request. Any plans to add this ?

If you save PDF via the printing interface of Mac OS, a PDF file with all the subdiagrams and working links between them will be generated. I did not allocate this export as a separate item, since the standard interface is quite convenient for this purpose, allowing you to select paper size and set of required pages. Also you can copy a part of the diagram and paste it into another application. Most of Apple's applications support inserting PDF data, so in my work I did not feel the need for raster formats, but I'll think about the possibility of exporting the current diagram in PNG or JPG files.
derek mouze

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 11:18:55 am »

Mr. Shorky, foremost:
InShort is the one of a kind most intriguing, mesmerizing, intelligent thinking tank I've ever seen.
That said, may I point:
one: syncing between devices is urgent demand (logically more now than in the days of the iPhone/iPad only; emailing files doesn't do justice to the app... wish it won't take longer than the pdf manual  Wink).
iCloud is an option with caveats, too many apps with sync troubles using iCloud... Wouldn't it be better to consider Dropbox?
two: trial version doesn't mean freemium, only temporary access to the app in order to evaluate it for further buying purposes. Direct download from the developer's web is the way most developers go.
three: the logo in the OSX version, enormous wasted space, bad sign in a productivity app in my opinion. Wish I could see a different design option there.
Thank you.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 08:19:10 pm »

1. Support for iCloud is currently being developed. I am well aware of problems of iCloud synchronization for other applications, usually the problem is to synchronize databases (Core Data), while the file synchronization works much more stable, it is this type of sync that I intend to use.

2. I need to examine my contract with Apple on the subject of whether I have the right to distribute the version of the application from the AppStore in parallel and to refer to it in the description of the application. On the other hand, I'm going to eventually release a version of the application for executors, without the possibility of creating new diagrams and limited rights on editing existing ones. Maybe this version will suffice.

3. Concerning logo, I did not quite understand the essence of your remark. The icon is used in the application only twice, in the Dock and on the page with the description of the application, which I think is quite valid. As to the screenshots, they show the logo only for marketing purposes.
derek mouze

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 03:48:07 pm »

My excuses: screenshots deceived me.
InShort for OS X is gorgeous.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: