Shortki Community
September 20, 2017, 04:00:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendation on How-To Videos for inShort  (Read 2034 times)
REJphotography

View Profile Email
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:40:56 pm »

A suggestion for Jury & Team,

As mentioned in multiple other posts, the learning curve is pretty steep with this software.  Most of us who are looking to use this as a critical chain project management tool or a general way to be more effective with our time face challenges with committing the time and resources to learn this system.

I have scoured the web and youtube looking for informative instructional videos to no avail.  The included walkthrough in the app is useful, but it definitely has it's limitations. 

If the Shortki team doesn't have plans to create such videos, maybe they could outsource the project.  Either by direct requests to established youtube software reviewers, instructors or inShort users, or by running some type of contest or request within this community of users. 

I wouldn't presume to know what you might offer as a reward or thank you, but surely someone out there has the knowledge and skills to put some type of instructional video series together. 

Think on this, the easier (and faster) this program is to use, the more people you will have talking about it and sharing it with others.  Thus adding to your sales of the apps.

Look at Evernote's popularity.  A very confusing and diverse application with a HUGE following.  There are countless instructional videos and reviews on youtube to help you get started as well as advanced instruction.  Now do a search on inShort.  You get one maybe two hits that are no help at all.

In addition to being a photographer, I am a Food & Beverage manager with a very large 5 Star resort in the US.  Each year I am tasked with multiple large projects including restaurant construction and re-concepting, training programs, community outreach, and many other projects requiring critical path thinking.  I would love to be able to utilize inShort, but every time I try to just "jump in" and use it, I end up scrapping the hours of work and doing everything by hand (or using evernote.  which isn't really as effective a tool as inShort appears to be for this type of need).

Anyone out there up to it?

shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:19:58 pm »

Thank you for your attention and for the recommendations.

The last few months have been devoted to the development of the Mac OS version of inShort. Along the way, more detailed documentation was created, which will first be available as a reference for the application, and then in a separate document. Concurrently, a formal description of the inShort methodology is being prepared.
I’ve always been skeptical of video tutorials, perhaps to no purpose. After the release of the new version of the application I will reconsider my opinion and decide whether to prepare a video course.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:29:21 pm by Argalio » Logged
Joonatan

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:31:07 am »

Video tutorials are great. I would love to have both iOS and Mac OS video tutorials for inShort.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: