Shortki Community
November 21, 2017, 12:07:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing a date doesn't seem to make it stay fixed  (Read 2877 times)
mcai7gh2

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2013, 11:25:59 am »

Hi, I am doing a construction project and I need several dates to stay fixed when it set them as fixed. For some reason the app does not fix the dates. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when running the analysis, it marks items as complete automatically, even when this is turned off, and it mucks up all my dates. How do I stop this?

Urgent help needed.

Thanks
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:37:07 pm »

If the previous objects are completed later than the fixed date, then the fixed date is shifted to the future and fixed with the new value.

Indeed, the automatic analysis completely controls the planned schedule — this is the essence of its work. However, such analysis
does not affect the actual schedule, which always remains untouched.
mcai7gh2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 07:55:30 pm »

Hi,

I am not completing the task, it gets auto completed for some reason when I run the analysis.

So, I am left with a number of tasks which end up complete, when I have not even started the project yet, and the dates are then completely wrong because it is changing the schedule Sad

Can you please advise how to stop this happening?

I go through and manually change the tasks to be uncompleted, and all that happens is when I run the analysis again, it completes them again. With hundreds of tasks this is unmanageable and becomes a nightmare.

Would really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:05:34 pm »

Look at the top panel, it should be pink — it means that you are in the planning mode. It is this mode that is used by the analysis feature, and part of its work consists in the automatic completion of project tasks in the planning mode to generate the common planned schedule. Set a proper planned starting date for the first task of the project, and the program will calculate the remaining tasks in accordance with the expected dates of their execution. If the automatically generated plan does not suit you (because of the large number of special cases), do not use the automatic planning feature.

Execute the project in the actual schedule mode, it is not subject to any automatic editing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: