Shortki Community
October 22, 2017, 01:42:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gantt Charts  (Read 6537 times)
jodiebaker

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2013, 03:39:45 am »

Hi there - I'm having terrible trouble setting up a Gantt chart on my project. I have set up the processes and the flow charts are working nicely, but the Gantt chart will display only the first item in a process, and not the planned 2nd or subsequent tasks. I have played around with the planning mode and run analysis of the diagram several times but it still won't display. I've now spent about 10 hours creating this so can you please tell me how I clear what now seems to be a messy combination of:
- analysis of diagram as project
- fixed start dates

and what it needs to include in order for the Gantt charts to run in a relatively simple / uncomplicated manner for the planning of a project yet to start.

Thanks
afrep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 08:48:48 pm »

I'm having same issues.  I have a process with 3 major processes and each major process has at least 1-2 sub layers.  I have set duration (1 d) for each of the subprocesses and linked each sub process from a comment box to the common processes and finishing up with a comment box.  WHen I go to GANTT view, only the first line is shown, the following 4-6 processes are listed but no time is shown in the gantt.  When I go to WBS view, it only shows the first process.

Suggestions?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 09:22:31 pm »

Quite simply, you need to have the planned schedule executed, and it will be the basis of the plan displayed in the Gantt chart. To do this, switch to the planned schedule and execute all of the objects, as if playing the execution of the project, or let the program do it for you, running the function of analyzing the diagram as a project, and performing its precepts, in any case you will get the required Gantt chart.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: