Shortki Community
November 20, 2017, 03:20:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort 3.2.2 discovered bugs of the version  (Read 6515 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: October 18, 2011, 05:47:36 pm »

Version 3.2.2 is released
Report here about errors of this version.

Some problems with forming OPML and XML files are found in the current version. This functionality is currently unavailable. The correction is already on the way.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:43:36 pm by shortki » Logged
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:24:45 pm »

On the item card > percentage of completion of the diagram
    percentage picker wheel is not centered on the page
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 01:38:32 pm »

I've found that "Make OPML file for iTunes" and "Mail diagram OPML file" always result in a crash.
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:00:18 pm »

I found that inshort links are broken when an item Name includes a line break

I'd suggest truncating the name at any carridge return (or I think it would be line feed?) character

(great to see another surprise feature implemented! using it already Smiley
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 04:21:02 pm »

I've found regular frustration when adjusting schedules in the following scenario:

Progress = 100%
Fix start date = ON

When tapping "Start" on the item card, I expect the date/time wheels to be adjusting the Start date, however focus is always set to End date/time regardless of the Fix start date setting or whether the Schedule card is opened by tapping Start or End on the main Card.

This is exacerbated by the time it takes to scroll through those wheels to set a particular time (would be great to also have a keyboard like the Android time pickers) -- because when I notice I have accidentally changed the End date, I now have to do heaps of scrolling to fix that date (!) before repeating the scrolling to set the Start date.

I'm usually doing this when I want to present a schedule to a client in PDF form without the date/time stamp which would have a value like 03:29 that I want to adjust to 17:00 or set the time back to 00:00.

At least it would be nice to have a shortcut button (etc) to reset the time to 00:00 or day start like 08:00 or 09:00?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:43 pm »

On the item card > percentage of completion of the diagram
    percentage picker wheel is not centered on the page

Oh, this iOs5, it has some things working slightly different, and you cannot immediately guess which.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 10:32:20 pm »

I found that inshort links are broken when an item Name includes a line break

I'd suggest truncating the name at any carridge return (or I think it would be line feed?) character

(great to see another surprise feature implemented! using it already Smiley

I did not have names with line breaks on hand during the tests Smiley I'll fix it: line breaks will be screened by the string &nl;
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:50:53 am »

This is not really a bug -- rather an interoperability note.

Copying links
I'm wondering if it would be appropriate for "Copy the full link" to copy a string that begins with inShort:// so that they're better recognised by other apps as URLs.

I do note that it is correct that anything other than a hierarchical path should not include // -- unfortunately it appears that many applications are simply looking for a string that includes :// or www.  to identify URLs. I've found that even the iOS calendar URL field does not recognise inShort:ID:4668 as a URL until it's changed to inShort://ID:4668 -- despite being able to determine that inShort: is a registered scheme on the device.

Do you agree that the full URL would fit with convention to begin with :// ?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:51 am »

In fact, this is not a URL, but a URI. In order not to violate conceived logic, I will introduce the following notation inShort://local/id:2 , which is equivalent to inShort:id:2 and will not embarrass most parsers.
ethorman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 05:06:30 pm »

Using the iOS 5 version on an iPad, emailing the file as a pdf, the pdf is not always visible unless the recipient is on iOS 5. The problem appears to be a double MIME in the address header. Can't find the version information on the iPad. It was installed 4 days ago. No update is listed on the App Store site.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 09:30:25 am »

There is a bug in the iOS with generation and display of e-mails containing a single-page PDF. This failure can be avoided by adding a blank page to the PDF, the corresponding switch is in the settings.
If you have the Reports section in Options, then your version is up to date. Soon there will be the fixing update, it will add a page with program version info.
AG

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 10:34:15 pm »

The iPad Version crashes frequently if I want to drill in a folder.
Cheers
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:12:21 pm »

By chance? Or you can trace any relationship?
AG

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 09:40:43 pm »

happens with several folders; by chance
AG

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:36:54 am »

the last revision did not solve the problem, but the frequency of crashes is reduced.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: