Shortki Community
September 22, 2017, 03:28:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort 3.0.0 discovered bugs of the version  (Read 6384 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: September 06, 2011, 07:46:34 pm »

Version 3.0.0 is released
Report here about errors of this version.
AG

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:27:30 pm »

broken pdf  in Gantt Chart mode

Here is a problem with generating pdfs of gantt charts:

I defined a name of a common process object with 51 characters long.  Not all characterscare shown in at the header of the lefthand pane in the Gantt Chart; some are truncated where the righthand pane starts (where timelines are represented). Generating a pdf cause somehow a paragraph break and overwrite (overlay) the next line and its display content. If you need to see it I can send screen dumbs.

Cheers
AG

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:39:01 pm »

Generation of pdfs in landscape layout does not reflect layout on iPad; too much white space on the righthand side (about 15 %)
Cheers
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:53:04 pm »

Cutting the name is a regular behavior: word wrapping would make the height of the rows uneven and the whole chart - less visual. But there shouldn't be any overlaps, I would like to see the example.
AG

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 03:36:56 am »

OK, I sent a pic, cheers
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 03:30:39 am »

I had inShort crash while pressing the save button on the first Name/Description of a Common Resource.

Unfortunately that was a newly created page with 3 other objects including a url and some well written Wink text.

When I re-opened inShort the whole page was blank... because I hadn't moved to any other pages.

Jury: can you please consider auto-saving sometimes! I had forgotten about this frustration and got out of the routine of switching to list view regularly while creating new documents.

Now I have to re-write all that text, I think I'll go for a walk Smiley
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 06:09:06 am »

Here is some OPML generated by inShort (I've changed description to _note and htmlUrl to link):

outline text="Add or verify customer details" _note="Click the link below to open the Xero customer list, or select "Customers" in the "Contacts" menu on the Xero navigation bar.

Add or update details for the contact, including contact name, email (for invoices), postal address and street address. Include notes if there are any special comments you feel would be useful." link="https://go.xero.com/Contacts/Search.aspx?contactType=CONTYPE%2fALL"

I think " is supposed to be just ", is that right?

Also, another point is that I have to find and replace "htmlUrl" with "link" or "url" and "description" to "_note" to get this OPML to work in my use case. Is there a chance we could supply the desired attribute names for Description and htmlUrl?

Cheers,
Colin
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:56:55 pm by Colin » Logged
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 05:46:55 pm »

Unfortunately that was a newly created page with 3 other objects including a url and some well written Wink text.

My apologies for the lost text.

Earlier I thought that the stability problems are mostly related with memory consumption, so I made auto-save trigger each time the system warns of possible disruptions in supply of free memory.

However, it seems this is not the case. I'll think about creating an auto-save tool unnoticeable during normal work if this is possible.
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:09 pm »

Earlier I thought that the stability problems are mostly related with memory consumption, so I made auto-save trigger each time the system warns of possible disruptions in supply of free memory.

It is a rather interesting process working out why iOS shoots programs!
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 06:19:16 pm »

I'm starting to use helpful mailto links within inShort objects as part of business processes and to help collect feedback from clients and staff and make my own notes.

The following is from inShort OPML:

<outline text="Review Process Effectiveness" description="What needs to change in the way we work to be more mindful of consumption and effective use of our team's time?&#10;&#10;Email feedback@example.com or use the link below to share your ideas and feedback." htmlUrl="mailto:feedback@example.com?subject=[FBK1]%20Review&body=Vision:%0aMindful,%20resilient,%20-easy%20to%20power,%20low%20impact%20operations.%0a%0a-Details:%0ashare%20the%20story%20here%0a%0a-What%20needs%20to%20change%20in%20the%20way%20we%20work-%20to%20be%20more%20mindful%20of%20consumption?%0a" />

I manually encoded the space and line feed characters.

Given that the "&" before the "body=" argument in the url is not parsed as "&amp;body=" -- I'm having this attribute break an OPML import claiming that the element is not valid XML and I need to do find/replace on that ampersand in the url.

Do you know if the urls need to be parsed when rendering the XML?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:16:49 am by Colin » Logged
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 08:24:18 pm »

I think &amp;quot; is supposed to be just &quot;, is that right?

Yes, this is a mistake - I have already corrected it in my code.

I picked attribute names out of the OPML standard http://www.opml.org/spec2. Since I did not find a clearly appropriate object type, I used the compilation of several descriptions. I’ll change "htmlUrl" to "url", because such attribute exists in the standard, but I have not found "_note". I do not know what to do. Does the program that requires this attribute has a reference to the description of its OPML standard?
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:19 pm »

Do you know if the urls need to be parsed when rendering the XML?

According to XML, the "&" symbol should be screened in attributes, but the OPML validator that I used didn't consider it a mistake.
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 04:51:21 am »

I have not found "_note". I do not know what to do. Does the program that requires this attribute has a reference to the description of its OPML standard?

I have a feeling this is a defacto standard that may relate to the Omin Group -- maybe OmniOutliner uses it? or perhaps Scrivener?

The main app I use within the iPad is iThoughtsHD -- I'll ask the developer.

UPDATE
The coming update of iThoughts supports a few variations of attributes in OPML import including "description" (previously only "_note" was supported), so you soon won't need to use a text editor to visualise a map of your diagrams.

By the way...
Ideally to conform to the spirit of XML and helpful interoperability, we -- the developer community -- should be using an XML Namespace to describe the custom attributes we add to our OPML structure, but we're only just getting up to speed properly validating XML-style communication!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:26:53 am by Colin » Logged
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 01:53:42 pm »

In a PDF of a Gantt chart, I'm finding that the year values are being truncated to "201" and that the PDF contains a blank page at the end of the document.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 07:05:33 pm »

Mail iOS application has the error of displaying single-page PDFs created by means of iOS. So, until it is fixed, I add an extra page to single-page PDFs.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: