Shortki Community
February 23, 2024, 01:29:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: inShort 1.2.1 for Mac OS. Locations..

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: inShort 2.2.2 discovered bugs of the version  (Read 15593 times)
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 02:41:28 AM »

... I'd still recommend keeping brand new design notes somewhere, as there's no undo feature as far as I know in the current version, so you could still lose something...

Try shaking the device — this will activate 'undo' function.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:12:49 AM by Argalio » Logged
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »

Try shaking the device — this will activate 'undo' function.

OK great to know the feature is there Wink

Despite shake being an input method, I haven't encountered any other apps that use shake only, without also including a tool bar button to perform the undo action. My iPad is often on a stand with a USB keyboard connected while I work, so I'd have to pick it up to shake.

Also, I find it quite difficult to shake the iPad hard enough -- it has quite a bit of enertia -- and it's so much larger than the iPhone where shake makes more sense.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 02:54:17 PM »

Yes, shaking is inconvenient, though recommended by Apple. Also I was influenced by my desire to get rid of any "extra" buttons, which I will try to overcome in the new versions.
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »

Yes, shaking is inconvenient, though recommended by Apple. Also I was influenced by my desire to get rid of any "extra" buttons, which I will try to overcome in the new versions.

Cool, I'm starting to get used to it, although I feel it's not just inconvenient, it's awkward, impractical and I've only had to shake when there's no other option -- damn Apple and their guidelines Wink

I know it should be obvious that shake is undo, but perhaps a mention in the user guide?
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »

I found that when a document is read only, if I perform a long press on an item, I can start editing the diagram.
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »

> When the item card is NOT in edit mode

- Swipe late start parameter to reveal the delete button
- Press delete

= Results in crash
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »

I found that when a document is read only, if I perform a long press on an item, I can start editing the diagram.
Oh, this is the case when you cannot, but if you really want, you can Smiley
I'll fix it.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »

> When the item card is NOT in edit mode

- Swipe late start parameter to reveal the delete button
- Press delete

= Results in crash

This is natural, since the same code as in a previous such case is used here. I already fixed it, but now I half-implemented a new and pretty large module of the program and do not want to pull far back just to release a bug fixing version. The more so that almost all the bugs found so far have a workaround.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »

Cool, I'm starting to get used to it, although I feel it's not just inconvenient, it's awkward, impractical and I've only had to shake when there's no other option -- damn Apple and their guidelines Wink

I know it should be obvious that shake is undo, but perhaps a mention in the user guide?

This is certainly not right that you have to torture the device to undo your actions, in all fairness it should be the opposite Smiley
I believe that after adding the appropriate buttons the presence of the feature will become more apparent, but for phone users this option is worth mentioning in the Guide.
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »

Oh, this is the case when you cannot, but if you really want, you can Smiley
I'll fix it.

Perhaps this is the result of a "magic touch"? Smiley
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »

sic dictus Alohomora Smiley
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »

sic dictus Alohomora Smiley

lol!

The presenters at Apple WWDC do talk about making operations on the surface features appear to the user like magic!

Well done Jury Wink
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »

I found that when using a physical keyboard attached (delighted that cmd c, x, and v work! milliseconds speed improvement compared to tap and wait for menu and tap again)

However, I then found that Paste still works in View Mode and also you can paste into a Read Only page using the keyboard.
shortki
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »

Very interesting! Frankly, once I made sure that a keyboard works all right with iPad, but didn't explore all the opportunities it offers. Another "magical" device Wink
Colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 07:36:15 AM »

Upon editing a Group that is already on the canvas, if you change the layout from [Area] to [Swimlane] then to [Column], the group is set to full canvas width (swimlane), then upon changing to column it retains the width and becomes sized to the entire canvas height.

The result is a group that overlaps any other swimlanes or columns in the diagram.

This behaviour is somewhat useful as it allows for flexibility in changing the group layout -- however relies on the user altering the size of the group to resolve the overlapping state.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: